Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2011

Redbox DVD Deal and Price Increase Info

We all know that Redbox raised thier prices for kiosk rentals.  While .20 isn't earth shattering, can you imagine if prices went up 20% on everything??  We'd probably declare a personal finance state of emergency!!  Through November 30 Redbox is STILL offering DVD rentals for $1.00 if you reserve them online (For the first night only, additional nights are $1.20.) 

Have you ever tried the "reserve online" feature at Redbox??  If not, now may be a good time to give it a shot because you'll still pay the $1 charge we are all used to for the first night.  Then as an added incentive, when you reserve your first movie online you'll get a code for a  Free First Night Rental of another DVD!

For more info on the price increase go here!

1 comment:

  1. I think we should call 2011 the year of the increase. First Netflix then peanut butter and now Rebox. What is a movie loving peanut butter eating person to do? (and how will this affect my Reece's peanut butter cups?) I was a long time Netflix user, but when I first heard of the increase I dropped them, I figured I wouldn't need streaming, and movie rentals were a $1.00 a night at Redbox. Like you said .20 isn't a huge increase, but it is 20%. So there I was again with no streaming and now no movies for a buck. Working at DISH I ofc ourse knew we had released the Blockbuster movie Pass, in the back of my head I was still in the 1990's with the blue shirted mafia after me for late fee's. But I decided to give it another shot and see if there were changes, and there are great changes. First off no late charges; those things were always evil. I pay $10.00 a month for dvd by mail which I usually receive in about 48 hours after renting, plus 20 movie channels on my television, and on demand streaming on both the television and computer. I went up a couple dollars from where I was with Netflix, but with all the increases, it was nice to get 3 months for free on the Movie Pass. Definitely a great replacement for DISH customers.

    ReplyDelete